Tuesday 4 March 2014


Nooooooooo!!!! Not The Hospital...

The smell of antiseptic, chloroform, disinfectant and a variety of different odors attack my nostrils. The pungent odor overwhelms my nostrils, causing my eyes to water. No matter how much I’d like to leave right now, I know that is not an option. I just have to sit there in that cold, hard steel chair and wait. Wait until the news of my mother’s condition is disclosed to me and my family waiting there. Huge concern for my mother filled my thoughts. Yet an element of irritation was creeping into my being as well from the constant reassurance from my grandmother that “everything’s going to be ok.” Although I commend her for her efforts, it didn’t do much to quell my anxiety. I hate hospitals. Being in an out of them in my younger years has slightly scarred me but also forced me to subconsciously boycott all forms of hospitals and clinics. The only reason I am here, right now, is for my mother. Pens clicking, footsteps of people with purpose and medical monitors’ are beeping periodically. These are some of the noises that fill the hospital. Discomfort creeps in. The Nike shoes that I’m wearing are a size too small. But worst of all, nobody has given me any news on the condition of my mother! We have been sitting here for hours, so the least they could do is keep us updated. Pangs of pain are going through my head right now. A headache ensues. The last thing I need right now, has happened. I dearly hope that this whole ordeal comes to an end very soon. But most of all, I hope my mother is alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment